Whether you are a solo musician or in a band that needs to showcase its musical talent or you simply a music lover that want to share a history of what you’ve been listening today’s WordPress Wednesday post is just for you as you’ll find a list of the 8 plugins that you can use on your wordpress powered website.
ArtistDataPress allows you to display your ArtistData calendar on any WordPress site and inherits the theme’s style. The plugin and widget options allow you to chose what show information people see on your page, post, and/or sidebar.
- Display your ArtistData calendar on a page or post using the [artistdatapress] shortcode
- Add a widget to your sidebar and use the options to decide what show information is displayed
- Styling is inherited from your theme and customization is super simple using CSS
- Choose to display the show name, time, age limit, country, and/or ticket pricing on both the page and widget
- Multiple layout options available for the show listings
- If no state is listed for the show, the country is shown instead
- If there are no shows in your feed, the “no shows scheduled” message is customizable
- Time and date formats are customizable.
GigPress is a powerful WordPress plugin designed for musicians and other performers. Manage all of your upcoming and past performances right from within the WordPress admin, and display them on your site using simple shortcodes, PHP template tags, or the GigPress widget on your WordPress-powered website.
Events Manager is a full-featured event registration plugin for WordPress based on the principles of flexibility, reliability and powerful features! Version 5 now makes events and locations WordPress Custom Post Types, allowing for more possibilities than ever before!
The SoundCloud Shortcode plugin allows you to integrate a player widget from SoundCloud into your WordPress Blog by using a WordPress shortcodes.
Selling digital downloads is something that not a single one of the large WordPress ecommerce plugins has ever gotten really right. This plugin aims to fix that. Instead of focusing on providing every single feature under the sun, Easy Digital Downloads trys to provide only the ones that you really need. It aims to make selling digital downloads through WordPress easy, and complete.
- Cart system for purchasing multiple downloads at once
- Complete promotional code system
- Many payment gateways. PayPal and Manual are included by default with Stripe, PayPal Pro, PayPal Express, and others available as add-ons
- Complete payment history
- User purchase history and ability to redownload files
- Multiple files per downloadable product
- Variable prices for multiple price options per product
- Customizable purchase receipts
- Earnings and sales charts
Event Organiser adds event management that integrates well with your WordPress site. By using WordPress’ in-built ‘custom post type’, this plug-in allows you to create events that have the same functionality as posts, while adding further features that allow you to manage your events. This includes the possibility of repeating your event according to complex schedules and assign your events to venues. This can all be done through an intuitive user interface, which allows your to view your events in the familiar WordPress list or view all occurrences of your events in a calendar page in the admin area.
- Adds an event custom post type that fits naturally into WordPress and allows for all the functionality of ‘posts’.
- Create one-time events or reoccuring events.
- Allows complex reoccuring patterns for events. You can create events that last an arbirtary time, and repeat over a specified period. Events can repeat daily through to yearly, allowing complex schedules such as ‘On the third Tuesday of every fourth month’ or ‘Every month on the 16th’.
- Venue admin page to add and maintain the venues for your events, with Google maps support to display a map of the venue and a fully-featured content editor.
- Custom metaboxes and meta data support for venues.
- The Calendar widget displays a calendar (identical to the standard WordPress Calendar) that highlights events with links to the events archive page, listing events occuring that day.
- The Event List widget outputs a list of events, and allows you to specify the number of events, restrict to event categories or venues and their order etc.
ConcertPress is designed from the ground up for classical musicians. ConcertPress saves venues and programmes for you so that they can easily be selected again. Programmes and venues can be added seperately or as you add an event. Events can also be copied which is handy when you’re adding lots of dates for a tour or a run of performances. Past events are stored in an archive. If you’re a classical musician, this is the events plugin for you!
8. WP VibeDeck
VibeDeck is a free audio and store to allow artists to sell their music online. You set the prices and you keep all the money. What this plugin does is embed the VibeDeck player inside your WordPres site.
Please note: This plugin is not affiliated in any way with the actual VibeDeck website and service. It is merely a plugin intended to make it easier to embed VibeDeck in a WordPress site.